Troubleshooting techniques for air dryers in the process and manufacturing industry
Air dryer problems can be easily addressed with the below step by step air conditioning check list. Below the troubleshooting techniques range from checking fuses to your condensate line. Under no circumstances should anyone perform these tasks unless properly trained or licensed.
If you have any questions please contact us at- WWW.chillers.com
24 hour Nationwide Emergency Services are available-Click here for details.
Air-Dryer system does not start or there is water in the air lines:
1. Have all voltages and fuses checked (if system is not operating) If fuses are blown-check for shorts or grounds before new fuses are installed. There was a reason for the fuses blowing-find it first.
2. Water in the air lines: Make sure all condensate blow lines are clear and operational.
3. Overheating light "ON": Keep good ventilation in the room. Try to keep the room air below 90F
4. Check the thermostat set point and make sure the water in the closed loop reservoir is above that setting. If the water is cool the air dryer may not need to run. Only for Air dryers with closed loop chilled tank reservoir-very few are made this way.
5. Check all air filters and coils to be clean. Make sure the area is clear for proper air flow.
6. Safeties: Reset them 2-3 times maximum. If the system continues to trip the safety then call a specialized service technician.
Air-Dryer Start ups and Shut downs:
1. Do not shut off air dryer by main power disconnects. Use control power switches provided on the air dryer control panel. (rarely done)
2. First time start ups should be done by a specialized service technician. Serious damage can occur if certain steps are not taken from the beginning.
3. NOTE: 90% of all air dryers run 100% of the time, even when there is no air going through the system. There is no need to shut down or start up an air dryer. The remaining 10% still are generally left "ON" all the time and not shut down. Those few have a glycol based reservoir that is cooled and used to then cool and dehumidify the air.
Operating Adjustments: (Air-Dryers)
1. Temperature ranges: While running, the condensing temperature range is from 34-40 F. If the system has a closed loop tank the water temperatures of the water solution are the same, 34-40 F.
2.Adjustments: While running there are few if any adjustments to be made and should only be done by a qualified field technician.
Professional Refrigeration Troubleshooter
The first hands on Chiller/HVAC/R troubleshooting handbook is out in publication. This is a must have book for you and your service technicians. It will save you time and money along with passing on the vast knowledge of 60 years experience.
This page was last updated on January 8, 2017
Click on any of the below hyper linked topics- especially if your browser does not support the java navigation bar above.
Chiller technical support for, plastics chillers, printing chillers, oem chillers, MRI chillers, laser chillers, air dryers,, hvac chillers
Chiller sales for,, chiller rental, used process chillers 2-20 ton, used process chillers 25-80 ton, used chillers 90-350 ton, rental chiller 8-80 ton, rental chiler 100-400 tons
About John C Schaub Inc,, chiller service, rates and hours, geographic chiller service regions, customer references
What is a chiller, chiller refrigeration cycle, chiller tonnage equations, chiller tonnage design parameters, size a chiller, chiller sizing
Chiller antifreeze info,, dowtherm, dowfrost, freezepoint mixture, chiller phone support, chiller water treatment, chiller water flow rates, emergency chiller service
This site was created and maintained by Jack Schaub
|Any inquiries please E-mail the Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|John C. Schaub Inc. (On line-11/96) 23 Adams St. Mt. laurel NJ. 08054 phone 856-235-2120|